New date will be announced later|
Missenden Abbey & the Chilterns
Find your Compass - Missenden Abbey
Find your Compass! (Re-)connect with nature! Get coached by a professional coach! Walk with us in the Chilterns!
When & where
New date will be announced later
Missenden Abbey & the Chilterns
Why should I attend? This is for you if you:
- Are stuck or lost in any area of life (in your career, in your life or in a relationship);
- Are going through a transition, a new change or phase of life and feels like everything is up in the air and you don't know what to do next;
- Had enough and want to invest in yourself to make the right choices in life;
- Want to get away from it all for a day and treat yourself with time, peace and quiet;
- Get some fresh air and light exercise in nature;
What will you get?
- Clarity & learning - You will understand your values and needs, and learn how they impact your actions and behaviours. This will enable you to get unstuck and make conscious decisions in life.
- Time & space to think about how well do you live your values. You will reflect on what happens when your values are fulfilled or violated and how you are doing with these today.
- Personal coaching - You will go deep and crystalise your personal values with a 1 hr 1:1 coaching with a qualified professional coach
- Calm & energy - You will feel calmer, focused, re-energised and connected with yourself and nature.
- Exercise & new friends- You will have had some fun and a great walk in the fresh air with like-minded individuals.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is interested in developing themselves and never had the opportunity to do this before. Or if you are looking to try something different.
- Individual contributors who would like to progress their careers faster and towards the right direction.
- Managers & leaders who would like to invest in their leadership, emotional and social intelligence.
- Teams who would like to get to know each other better and want to deepen relationships.
- HR and Talent leaders who are curious about a different & holistic approach to development.
- Parents who want to take a day out for themselves to recharge, to think and to re-align.
- Entrepreneurs and start-ups who want to get clear on their business direction.
What is the pre-work?
- Reflection and pre-read: there will be some pre-work to be completed prior to arrival that requires you to read, write and reflect about your life & values to date. (~2 hrs)
- Have the right gear: we will be walking in the Chilterns, which is often muddy and rainy, so make sure you have the right footwear and waterproofs.
What does the day look like? Group size & facilitators:
- We believe in small group learning, so our workshops will have min. 4 and max 6 participants to ensure personal attention and focus.
- Therefore there will be 2-3 professional coaches with us depending on the size of the group. Our coaches are trusted partners and have been hand-picked for their talent in coaching individuals around values & purpose in life.
- And 1 guide for the walk, so we don't get lost and walk safely.
A rough agenda (subject to change based on the level of the group):
9.00 - 9.30 - Arrival,coffee, tea, snacks
9.30 - 10.00 - Welcome
- Intro and get to know each other
- Group agreements
10.00 - 12.00 - Explore your Compass (learn and reflect)
- Values levels, what are they and how they work
- Neurological levels, how your brain works and creates meaning
- Prioritising your values
- Mindful communication and language techniques
- Walking prep - mindful walking, breathing, listening to intuition and exploring mindset
12.00 - 13.00 - Lunch & route briefing
- Route briefing, rules and safety
- Gear check
13.00 - 16.00 - Refine your Compass (3 hrs walk, 6 miles / 10 kms)
- 1 hr 1:1 coaching session with a coach
- 2 hrs walk and group conversations
16.00 - 17.00 - Cake, debrief and close
- A well-deserved cake and coffee / tea on arrival
- Group debrief, learnings, take-aways
- Follow-up activities & suggestions
17.00 - Depart
How do I get there?
- By train - Missenden Abbey is 10 min walk from Great Missenden station.
- By train from London - Great Missenden has a direct train (Chiltern Railways) from Marylebone or take the Metropolitan line to Amersham and change to get the train to Great Missenden.
- By car - the Abbey is just off the A413, clearly signposted and has ample free parking for visitors.
Want to stay overnight?
You are welcome to organise your stay with the Abbey directly, just refer to the workshop title, so you get preference when booking. A room is £78.00 including breakfast.
The investment is £420 + VAT per person, which includes the workshop, coaching, guided walk, coffee/tea, snack, cake and lunch. Not included: your overnight room if you want to stay, any additional gear you might need to buy.
Register below or if you have any questions, please contact us on email@example.com